PDF Format: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S8TgAfHrt8ukrlRo8OUY9lR7scN3In8Y
18232 SW Orlov Ct, Aloha, OR 97078
(775) 722-1123 * firstname.lastname@example.org * GitHub: billyjf * http://www.linkedin.com/in/billyjfisher
Nike, Beaverton, OR Dec 2015 – Present
Sr. Software Engineer (2015 – Present)
- Self-service and automation coaching and contribution by example
- Dashboards, static & dynamic alerting, ChatOps, ALM, SDLC, CASE, and TDD.
- NewRelic, Splunk, CloudWatch, and SignalFx.
- Jenkins canary pipelines, gradle, and sbt.
- Packer/ami builds.
- CloudFormation, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline.
- Python Jinja2
- Daily app reporting behind various reverse proxies in Eureka (self-updating HTML reports).
- CloudFormation passthrough template engine for building complex templates rapidly; zero maintenance.
- CLI jq queries and blog for APIs and Eureka to facilitate sharing of operational troubleshooting and research.
- Python, Bash, Scala, and Ammonite operational scripts and Lambdas.
- Serverless slack bot development for launch scaling, dynamic alerting, and team IAM role policy enforcement.
- Monkeys: asg alerting, iam enforcement per approvals/merges, and culling old undeployed ami snapshots.
- VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, and API Gateway based microservices primarily behind Akamai.
- OneLogin & Okta IdP App Maintenance.
- Java & Scala based reverse proxy maintenance leveraging Eureka for service discovery.
International Game Technology, Reno, NV Feb 2008 – Dec 2015
Software Engineer III (2014 – 2015)
- Infrastructure as Code: Develop and maintain Jenkins and Bamboo builds facilitating continuous delivery
- DevOps: Participate and lead adoption of TDD, continuous deployment, and CI best practices.
- VMWare, Openstack, and VirtualBox orchestration via salt, heat, and vagrant.
- Automated KVM based image builds with cross environment compatibility via QEMU.
- Write and maintain Python YAML based heat orchestration aggregator utility.
- Murano one button deployment, catalog maintenance, and cross training.
- Maintenance of git repositories tying together micro builds in rapidly changing, easy to use ways.
- Automated validation of postgresql, mysql, rabbitmq, memcached, redis, and nginx environments.
- Maintenance of puppet based one button deployments in Jenkins.
- Fully unattended continuous deployment & continuous integration from dev to production.
- Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 PowerShell unattended continuous deployment & configuration
- Driving a Mirantis Openstack environment with DevStack Murano cross training: tomorrow’s features, today.
- Maintenance of salt, salt-cloud, and bash configuration management across product lines.
- Maintain Confluence and JIRA as gaps are identified during active sprints across multiple teams, in parallel.
- Maintain CA AppLogic catalogs and app descriptors.
- Test driven development targeting over 72% code coverage.
- Maintenance of custom actions, msbuild tasks, WPF, Windows Forms, console, WCF, and ASP.NET.
Software Engineer II (2012 – 2013)
- Wrote and maintained CD targeting CA AppLogic.
- Test driven development via CD, CI, smoke testing, functional testing, and code coverage.
- CA AppLogic, Python, Bottle, SQLAlchemy, WebTest, and Zenoss ZenPack dev using DevOps best practices.
- TDD: Developed suite of functional tests to identify software regressions in code checked in same day.
Software Engineer I (2011 – 2012)
- Installshield 2010 MSI development and maintenance, integration of custom C# actions.
- Write new VS2008 & VS2010 add-ins simplifying daily work flows for C# WCF services via custom actions.
- Maintained and added features to internal XML based SQL seeding tools.
- Maintained SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Wrote new custom actions to facilitate deployment time configuration of newly written C# WCF services.
- Write and maintain WPF based UI modules, including bug fixes reported via TFS work items.
- Write and maintain WordPress blog for common error messages encountered during software testing.
- Maintained TFS 2010 msbuild scripts, unit tests, and deployment scripts/MSIs.
- Write and maintain custom actions, msbuild tasks, WPF, Windows Forms, console, and ASP.NET.
- Maintenance of WCF services.
Technical Intern (2008 – 2010)
- Assisted in software maintenance and bug fixes in TFS for WPF UI based on the cab model.
- Maintained TFS 2008 msbuild scripts, continuous integration, and deployment scripts/MSIs.
- Write & maintain SharePoint and TFS work item documentation in word format.
- Manual continuous deployment.
- Write and maintain msbuild tasks, WPF, and some ASP.NET.
Faucette Micro Systems, Inc., Fallon, NV 2000 – Feb 2008
- Introduced use and adoption of PHP and Dreamweaver based page maintenance.
- Wrote and maintained Windows services for seamless data integration between legacy and new web systems.
- Wrote and introduced use of Ghostscript-based report maintenance tool for Fytek PDF reporting.
- Wrote and introduced use of iep templating and business logic scripting language based upon VOScript.
- Researched and deployed in-office low cost open source source control and task management solutions.
- Configuring Windows servers in field, laying new cable, on-site troubleshooting of VB based systems.
- Level 2 phone technical support for Windows & HTML4 based software products.
- A+ certified for computer repair of consumer PCs, an HP certified service center.
- Using GIMP designed UI graphics for web systems.
- Lead initial design, implementation, validation, and support of new HTML4 based MIS systems.
API Gateway Authentication & Authorization POCs (Present)
- Authorizers for Basic auth with additional experimentation planned for JWT & SSO.
Carb Counter, http://cc.billyjf.com (2017)
- Webix front end built on AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM) with Python Nutritionix backend.
WordPress ElasticBeanstalk Package Builder from Latest Source Per Build; billyjf.com (2016 – Present)
- ~$5.56/month on AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, RDS, S3, CloudFront, and CloudFormation.